Saturday, June 19, 2010

Claire's First Fair

One of my favorite things to do over the summer is go to the Del Mar Fair (they now call it the "San Diego County Fair" but it will always be the Del Mar Fair to me.) Last year I was too pregnant to go, so this year I was especially looking forward to going and taking Claire with me. She was the perfect baby all day. I wish we had had more time to do everything we wanted, but it was still a great day. The weather couldn't have been better. It was the perfect day.


Jared performed with Children's Chorus so we got to park in event parking right next to the back entrance and we didn't have to wait for a tram. Yay!


I just love the atmosphere of the fair. It makes me so happy.


These were the most amazing cakes I've ever seen



We saw KC and the Sunshine Band, which was very cool. KC is a really funny guy. Claire was dancing the whole time. (Sorry the video is sideways, I'm not sure why I took it that way. And she's not dancing as much in this, but you get the idea)


I knew I wanted something deep-fried, because you can't go to the fair and not have something deep-fried (or at least I can't.) I've tried the twinkie, Snickers and Oreos in the past so I wanted to try something different. This year I had the deep-fried Klondike bar. It was very yummy!


If there's anything I love more than the atmosphere of the fair during the day, it's the atmosphere of the fair at night. So pretty!


See you next year!

0 is the number of people who love me: