Thursday, August 12, 2010

Birthday Party Time

We had a big party for Claire on her birthday, a teddy bear picnic in the park. She had a blast! It was all about her and it was so much fun!


The day before, I baked her a cake

My first attempt at letters

Teddy bear cake and paw print cupcakes (my first time doing anything like this - I was very proud of how it came out)

The decorations

The birthday girl

We had chicken (her favorite) plus potato salad and grapes served on animal plates

Time to open presents

New stuff!

"Wait, there's more?"



All sorts of goodies

Cake time!

Yummy!

My favorite 1-year old

Testing out all the toys

My mom brought the book I was given when I was 4 or 5 so I made sure to read it to Claire

The weather was perfect for a picnic in the park

After lunch, cake and presents, everyone played on the playground (especially the adults)

Claire didn't wear her princess crown, but her great-grandpa and her daddy did. Sometimes I worry about what's in her genes.

After the park, we went to the mall, which is literally 2 minutes away. When we arrived, Claire was sound asleep. This girl parties hard.

We played in the kiddie area at the mall for the first time

One big happy family

0 is the number of people who love me: