Saturday, August 20, 2011

Birthday Party!

I had been debating on what kind of theme I wanted for Claire's birthday for several months and I finally picked Shrek because she's obsessed with the movies. I took her to Party City one day to see what kind of things they had and the first thing she saw in the window was a poster of Disney princesses. She went crazy! So, I took her inside down the "girl" aisle and she had so much fun pointing out all the cool princess stuff. So, I decided to ditch the Shrek party and have a princess party. We picked cute princess invites and party favors (most of which we found at the 99 cent store and Dollar Tree - sweet!) I spent very little on this party, but it was a big success! We invited some family members, close friends and nursery buddies to the park for some cake and ice cream a couple days after her birthday and all the kiddos enjoyed running around on the playgrounds. It was so fun!


On the evening of her birthday, we introduced her to Cinderella

The night before her party, after putting her to bed, I put together all the party favors

I think they turned out quite nicely

I distracted her with Winnie the Pooh so I could do her hair like a princess. Unfortunately, this is really the only shot I got of it

At the park swinging with Papa

Princess castle cake made by Grandma

Princess plates, cups and napkins

Pretty princess crowns for all the girls (and one boy) to wear

Party favors all ready to go

Time to open presents!

All the goodies

My pretty princess

1 is the number of people who love me:

Kricket said...

Don't you love all the pink princess stuff? I'm glad you didn't do the Shrek party. Too much for to have a party with all that girly girl deco. You'll be up to your eyeballs in green monster stuff when you have the little boy. :P