Monday, May 12, 2008

I love my mom!



On Saturday, my mom and I went to Time Out For Women, which is an LDS women's conference with speakers and performers. It was such a great experience and I felt so uplifted. One of my very favorite LDS speakers, John Bytheway, was there and I got his autograph and shook his hand. He is very nice. Also, Kenneth Cope was one of the performers and he was great. The top picture is Kenneth Cope (I know it's blurry, but my camera decided not to work before I could retake the picture) and the bottom picture is John Bytheway. We were in the second row on the very right so we were pretty close. We got really cute tote bags, too. I can't post a picture because I left the bag in the car and I'm too lazy to go get it. One of the talks was on patience and how to handle frustrating situations, so it was ironic that during our 1-hour lunch break, the restaurant we went to took an hour to bring our food out and we were frustrated. They literally brought it out the minute we were supposed to be back in our seats. But we just boxed it up and thanked them for the wonderful meal and took it with us instead of complaining. It felt good. Thanks, Mom!

Yesterday, for Mother's Day, all the women at church (not just mothers) were given See's candy, so I got to celebrate Mother's Day even though I'm not a mother yet. For dinner, we had Dad's famous chicken cacciatore (one of my all-time favorite dishes) and I made cookies afterwards for Mom (she always makes them for us on Sunday nights.) We got Mom a brand new red crock pot. It's pretty! I love you, Mom!

0 is the number of people who love me: