Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Anniversary!





On Tuesday, we went to Disney's California Adventure as the second half of our anniversary celebration. We got the 2fer ticket where southern California residents can go to both parks for the price of one. We had never been to DCA before and it was very fun. It's not quite as exciting as Disneyland, but it was still neat. We went on Soarin' Over California as our first and last ride. It was the only ride we went on twice. We made sure to go on all the rides and we also saw "It's Tough to be a Bug" and "Muppets" in 3-D and most of the Pixar Parade. It wasn't crowded (our longest wait was 25 minutes for California Screamin', the big roller coaster) and it was nice and warm. One of the first rides we went on was the Grizzly River Run. It was just getting hot as we were in line. We got drenched! I've never gotten so wet on a ride. Our clothes were wet for most of the day, which was ok, considering it was around 80 degrees, so we were kept cool. We made sure to go on the Tower of Terror. With all the hype, I was absolutely terrified, but I knew I had to go on it just to say I did. People were screaming as the elevator doors closed and I could see my heart pounding through my shirt. When it finally dropped, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I almost could go on it again. The park closed at 6, so then we went over to Downtown Disney and had dinner at Naples Pizzeria. There wasn't much selection, but it was pretty good food. The service was great. We walked around the shops after dinner for a while and then went home. It was such a fun day. I'm so glad we went.

Yesterday was our 3-year wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's already been 3 years! I remember our wedding like it was yesterday. Last night, we went to Old California Mining Co. for dinner with my family. It was yummy! We tried to go to Fish House Vera Cruz first, but they ran out of red snapper (their best dish) as we were waiting to be seated. And we told them when we arrived that we were gonna order it. As soon as the last fish were sold, we walked out and saw Old California there and decided to try it. It was great. Thanks, Mom! We went home and danced to Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up" which was our first dance. It always chokes me up. I love you, Douglas!

0 is the number of people who love me: