Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Julian Trip

This week, Douglas and I and my family took a trip up past Julian and stayed in the family cabin for a night. It had rained quite a bit here so when we drove up to the mountains, there was SNOW! Being born and raised in San Diego, I have very little experience with snow. At least I didn't have to drive in it. But it was so pretty! In Julian where there is heavy foot traffic, the snow was quite dirty. But once we passed through Julian and into the mountains and the cabin, the snow was white and untouched. Surprisingly, it wasn't that cold. We had a great time.


We passed a bunch of random chunks of snow


It was very bright so I am squinting


This is what we could see out the cabin window


It's hard to see, but here is Lake Cuyamaca and the snowy mountains in the background (this was taken from the car so that's why there are random trees in the front)


The blankets of snow were so pretty!

0 is the number of people who love me: