Saturday, January 31, 2009

Grand Pacific Palisades

This past week, Dad, Mom, Jared, Douglas and I spent a relaxing time at the Grand Pacific Palisades Resort in Carlsbad (about 30 minutes away.) A very generous friend of ours owns a vacation timeshare there and moved out of state so they invited us to use it for a week. We checked in on Sunday and of course made cookies that evening like we do every Sunday. Monday was spent at Legoland, just around the corner. I felt like a kid. It was so much fun! At only 10 weeks, I could go on most of the rides. And the things they built out of legos were incredible! It was only the second time going to Legoland so it was still pretty brand new to me. On Tuesday, I had to go home and teach (somehow managed to pack all my students on one day) because I couldn't afford to take the whole week off. Wednesday through Friday was spent relaxing at the condo, going swimming, going out to eat at a local steakhouse and Pat & Oscar's and a bonfire at the beach! We checked out this morning and then drove to Old Town San Diego for the annual Mormon Battalion celebration. It was so hard to come home. I wish we were still there!

The condo
The living room

The master bedroom (with a tv!)

The bathroom and beautifully-folded towels

The sparkling pool


Legoland
A water-squirting ride

Pulling the rope to go higher

Flying in airplanes!

Jared's first driving lesson

There were very few rides where Douglas and I got to ride together (they're mostly built for one adult and one child)

Me, Douglas and Dad (we're waiting for Jared to finish driving)

Yeah...

This stuff is made completely out of legos:
Jared with Bob the Builder

SpongeBob

Little Red Riding Hood

The inauguration

Excalibur


The rest of the week
This was the bathroom at the steakhouse - I thought it was so funny!


Jared playing in the sand at the beach

We cooked hot dogs and s'mores over the fire (Mom and Dad are toasting marshmallows)

I took so many pictures of the sunset at the beach - I narrowed it down to my favorites

The pier - one with seagulls and one after the sunset

The pier with the moon and Venus


Old Town
A horse and buggy

Jared playing tug-o-war

2 is the number of people who love me:

Raadgep Fam said...

WOW I am so excited you had such a great week! It looks like you guys had a blast! You guys are going to make great parents!

Isnt so funny how we get spoiled from large spaces!

Unknown said...

Hahaha, glad you had such a nice break. I love the palisades. when i lived in texas my family would come out to ca to be with my dad for a week and that's where we'd stay, so i know it well. It's such a nice little vacation resort. Gorgeous pics of the beach!