Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back from "War"

So, this past weekend, Douglas went to Potrero for their semi-annual SCA "war." (Click here for a refresher on what "war" is.) He left on Thursday morning and came back yesterday afternoon. I missed him and it's so good to have him back. He had fun, though, and I'm glad he got to go. I was considering going also like I always do, but we really didn't have the money for both of us to go, I wanted to be here for a wedding reception and dressing up in heavy period clothing in 80-degree weather while 6 1/2 months pregnant didn't really sound appealing to me. A lot of people were counting on Douglas to go and he really wanted to, so I couldn't be the selfish wife and make him stay home with me. I asked him to take pictures, but he forgot and didn't even take one, so here are some at the last fighter practice:


He's got a full set of period armor that looks SO cool


He brought me back a present! A beautiful butterfly pin

0 is the number of people who love me: