Sunday, May 9, 2010

First Mother's Day

I have been looking forward to this day for a long time. Last year on Mother's Day, I was 6 months pregnant and sick that day. So, it didn't really mean anything. This year, being able to hold my beautiful child in my arms and be reminded of how truly special she is was just incredible. My love grows for Claire more and more each day. I thank God every day for the amazing gift of being a mother. I knew that I would love my child with an indescribable love, but now that it's real, I really believe it. It is the most wonderful feeling I have ever felt. Becoming a mother was the best thing I have ever done and it is incredibly rewarding. I couldn't ask for a better baby. She is so good-natured and happy. She's healthy and beautiful. Oh, how I love my Claire Bear.


Claire got me a flower


But she decided to eat it instead


"What?"


Mmmm... happy face bacon and eggs for lunch
(because I was the only one awake during breakfast hours)


Gifts from my favorite people (Claire had fun with the crayon. The creases in the paper are from her, too)


A Mother's Day massage


Is this what heaven is like?

0 is the number of people who love me: