Sunday, May 2, 2010

No more Pirates

I sure am gonna miss Pirates of Penzance. I had never seen it before and now it's one of my favorite musicals. Today was the last show. It was an awesome audience! Normally Sunday matinees don't have very lively audiences, but today some actors had friends in the audience, so it was great. Last night's audience was great, too. We knew quite a few people. It's always fun to play for people we know. Yesterday matinee's audience was not responsive at all. Hardly anybody laughed or clapped. We put this sign in the pit during intermission for the actors to see:
We pit musicians like to have fun and make the actors laugh. :) But, what a way to end a run, with the last 2 audiences pretty much the best audiences of the whole run! I now have a 7-week break before my next project, which is much-needed.


My view from the pit

0 is the number of people who love me: