Friday, April 18, 2008

Disneyland






On Wednesday we went to Disneyland as part of our anniversary celebration (it will be 3 years on April 30.) It was the perfect day to go. The weather was great! The longest line we had to wait in was 33 minutes, which was the new Finding Nemo submarine ride. Next longest was 30 minutes for Indiana Jones. The rest were 15 minutes or less. Some we didn't have to stand in line at all. We went on Pirates of the Caribbean twice and both times we just walked up and stepped right into the boat. 3 1/2 years ago, Douglas proposed to me on Pirates. As we were passing the treasure chest, he said, "As pirates search for treasure, I've already found mine" and he slipped the ring on my finger. So the Pirates ride has always been special for us. This year we finally were able to eat dinner at the Blue Bayou (it sits inside the ride.) We were given "Happy Anniversary" pins and a free dessert! It was a bit pricey, but the service was incredible and the ambiance was romantic. The whole day was just so much fun.

I'm not normally into baseball, but last night I started watching the Padres game on tv at 11 (it started at 7.) They had just scored 1 and 1 in the top and bottom of the 13th inning. It ended up going for 22 innings when the Rockies FINALLY scored a run and the Padres didn't. It ended at 1:20am. The announcers and cameramen were getting punchy so they started joking around and throwing peanuts at each other. I've never laughed so hard at a baseball game!

2 is the number of people who love me:

Claudia said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had a great time. Cool proposal story. :)

Jessica said...

I'm so glad that you guys have a blog! I was seriously going online tonight to write you an e-mail. It has been forever since I last had and what do I find... you have created a blog! I absolutely love Disneyland and I should have made sure that I married a man who felt the same. But no. I have a husband who never wants to go. :( Well now that we have Layla, I'm sure there will be a day when all that begging and pleading leads us there.