Sunday, April 6, 2008

Oklahoma!

Today I finished what my life has been revolved around for the past 11 weeks: Oklahoma at the Welk Resort with my dad. I played violin in the pit. It was a bittersweet ending because I have been so used to playing 8 shows a week of the same show that it will be strange not going back. Physically, it will be great to have a break because I'm usually in pain when I play. Some days are worse than others (especially double show days.) I have been having problems with my shoulders, back, neck and wrists. Going to a chiropractor is helping, but not completely getting rid of the problem. So, a break will be nice. Everyone told me I would get tired of the show, but I never really did. Now that it's over, I will have tons of free time. I have quite a few students so I won't be completely bored. Right now I will be concentrating on teaching and building up my students until the summer when I have 2 more gigs lined up. I will be participating in the San Diego Youth Symphony's International Youth Symphony. I was involved with SDYS for 8 years, so I am no stranger to how they work and get things accomplished. Immediately following the last concert, I will play viola in the pit for Les Mis at Moonlight. It's only 2 weeks so I think I can handle it. :)

0 is the number of people who love me: