Thursday, June 19, 2008

Swim Party

Yesterday, we went over to Bree's for Maryvonne's farewell party. Silly Maryvonne thinks school is more important than her friends. :) So, we got there about 3:00 and played Apples to Apples (There were about 6 of us.) I finally got a green card right as I had to leave to go home and teach. I was "phony." But, that's not as bad as Douglas' "naive" and "pathetic." So, I taught 3 students and then came back. By then, there were over a dozen people and most of them were swimming. They had been swimming for a while and they were gonna be done soon so I decided not to go in because it takes way too long to brush and dry my hair after swimming. It's not worth it to spend more time doing my hair than swimming. Pretty soon everyone was done so we barbequed hot dogs and had chili and tons of chips. Then we went inside and played Apples to Apples again (this time with about a dozen people) and it was lots of fun. Then everyone decided to go swimming again but I couldn't because I somehow managed to trip on the carpet (I'm still baffled as to how I managed to do that) and ripped up my toenail (I KNOW you wanted to know that) so I ended up being designated picture-taker. Then we watched So You Think You Can Dance and ended up going home a little before 1:00 in the morning. All in all, we had a ton of fun. I can't wait for the next pool party!


This is our fun game of Apples to Apples (notice Douglas on the right sleeping on the couch)


I'm not sure why everybody thought it would be a good idea to pile on top of each other


Giant toilet!


And here's Douglas trying to attack a shark

0 is the number of people who love me: