Sunday, September 14, 2008

Saturday and Sunday

Saturday morning Douglas caught me "sleep nodding." I remember someone made a statement in my dream and asked if I agreed with him. Since we were at a rehearsal, I didn't want to say "yes" out loud so I just nodded. Well, I really nodded and Douglas was awake and saw me move so he said, "Yes?" He called it "nodding off." Later, we set up for our ward party (we are on the activities committee) which was held that evening. We had a potluck and played "To Tell The Truth." There were four groups of three people and in each group one person would tell the truth about something nobody knows about them and the other two in the group would lie about the same thing. The object is to guess who is telling the truth. I think I got 1 or 2 right. Some of them were really convincing and fooled pretty much everybody. It was very fun. Afterwards, Douglas and I went over to my family's house and hung out. Mom had gone on a little mini vacation for a couple days and brought me home some pretty butterfly soap. I don't know if I can use it; it's too pretty. :) Mom, Douglas, Michelle and Liz played Scrabble and it was Douglas' first time. He was so proud that "burp" was his first word. Sunday morning we heard this loud noise outside and we saw these two yellow planes flying over and around our house. They were super close. They flew down to the lake and landed on the water. I guess they were picking up water or something. They flew around a few times and left. I don't know what they were doing but it made the morning exciting. After church, we went to a Celtic Spring concert. The whole family (6 kids) play the fiddle and step dance. It was really neat to see. They were very talented. At the end, they played the fiddles and danced at the same time. I seriously do not know how they do that. I have a hard time walking around in a circle while playing whole notes. The only part I didn't like about the concert was the vocals. There were two songs where one of the girls sang and she wasn't very good. The playing and dancing was incredible, though. Thanks for the tickets, Mom! What a treat.


After we finished setting up for the ward party. I think we did a pretty good job


This was out in front of the house. In the back of the pickup truck is some gardening equipment and a drumset. So, I guess the drummer's day job is a gardener (because apparently, you can't make a living just being a drummer)


Pretty presents from Mom:
butterfly soap, heart soap and a butterfly bag


Here's one plane landing on the water (notice there are boats on the lake)


And the other one (this was as it was scooping up water)


The kids range in age from 8 to 22 and their parents perform with them on drums and keyboard

0 is the number of people who love me: