Saturday, April 25, 2009

Relief Society Retreat

I just got back from a much-needed overnight retreat with our ward's Relief Society on Mt. Laguna. One of our members owns a cabin that is extraordinary. Instead of describing it, I'll just let you look at the pictures. I'm too lazy to look through all of them and pick and choose, so you get the pleasure of seeing them all. Sorry they are out of order; I just don't have the patience to put them in order and describe them all. We drove up last night (about a 2-hour drive) and were the last car to arrive. There were about 3 or 4 carpools and I had to go in the late car because I had to work. Once you get onto the dirt road, it's one-way and so bumpy it feels like a roller coaster (it made the baby freak out and move all over the place.) We took a wrong turn and had to stick our heads out the window and guide the SUV backwards about 1/4 mile. It really was quite adventurous. We arrived at around 8pm and ate awesome food (pasta, salad, cherry cobbler, cookies and candy), played games and stayed up late talking. I crawled into bed at 2:45 and I didn't fall asleep until at least 3am. Then I woke up at 6 because I was hungry. I ate a snack and then slept on and off until 7 when I gave up. The sun was shining and the household was slowly starting to awake. We ate an amazing breakfast of egg casserole, muffins and fruit and just hung around the cabin before we cleaned up and left around 11. I wish it could have lasted longer because it was so much fun. Maybe we'll get to do it again next year.



























































































0 is the number of people who love me: