Monday, July 21, 2008

The adventures of being sick

So, remember my post about the fever after giving blood? Well, that was only the start to a month-long illness that I am finally freed of. It really wasn't all that bad, but the worst part about it is that it would not go away. Since the first two weeks were mainly feeling light-headed and nauseous every morning for 3 hours (I had to stay in bed until it would go away,) I thought for sure I was pregnant. (I didn't tell anyone I suspected it, but somehow the word spread because I said I was sick in the morning.) I went to get a pregnancy test that came out negative so I requested a blood test since they are more accurate. The regular test was free but the blood test was $12. No big deal, I thought. I need to know if I'm pregnant so I can stop the morning sickness (since it was interfering with my activities.) So, the results came in a week later. They wouldn't tell me over the phone, I had to come in and pay them $30. So, I sit in the waiting room for over 2 hours (I ended up having to cancel a student because of it) and then I go in and the doctor says, "So, you're here for the results." I said yes. Then she says, "They came back negative. You're not pregnant." (That's it??) So, I asked her if she knew the reason I had been sick for almost 3 weeks. She said, "It might be the flu." Really?? I paid $42 for THAT?? So, I was not happy about it. My only choice was to wait it out. Slowly but surely, every day got better and better until it was all gone. Since I had no appetite and could hardly eat, I lost 12 pounds. That's one good thing that came out of this. Sorry to all of you who thought I was pregnant. Hopefully someday soon.

So, while I was sick, I played 2 gigs and a funeral. That was really tough. Then, I played in church when I was almost better, which was my second time in a month (the first being Father's Day.) Counting the funeral, that's 3 times. I guess people can't get enough of my playing. :)

So, now I'm all better! Down 32 pounds, I only have 18 more pounds to lose!

0 is the number of people who love me: