Monday, July 21, 2008

I love my family!

For a family home evening recently, we played one of our favorite family games (if you can call it a game.) Everyone has a piece of paper and starts writing a story. You start out with about 3 or 4 lines and then fold the piece of paper over so you can only see the last line. Then you pass it to the person next to you. Only seeing that last line, they continue the story and write about 2 lines and then fold it over again so you can only see the last line. You continue around the room until the paper is filled. Then everyone reads their stories and they are absolutely hilarious! Here's my favorite:

Once upon a time there was a little boy named Jared who loved to watch Sponge Bob. One day while he was watching Sponge Bob he decided to leave the room for a minute. When he came back he saw a bunny hopping down the hill. It had a carrot stuck straight out of his mouth. It looked so funny that he exclaimed, "Holy moly, that is one big pimple! I've got to get some cream for this or something." So he went to the local CVS and bought some TP and I drove to a house and I TP'ed it til the morning light. And guess what!? It rained! The next morning the owner came outside to get his newspaper and said, "Dear, did it snow last night?" "Well, I don't know; let me take a look out the window! Oh my, what do my eyes behold?" Popcorn popping on the apricot tree. So, where are all the apricots? Since when does popcorn pop on apricot trees? Those crazy Mormons! They teach the strangest songs to their children. I think there are strange meanings behind these songs. Songs are fun. K, bye.

And here's the one I started:

Twice upon a time, there lived in sunny Cali-five-nia... Wait, let's start over. No more inflationary language [Victor Borge reference, if you didn't catch that.] Once upon a time, there lived in sunny California a young man named Bob. He lived in a grass hut named Wayne-O. Wayne-O?! What kind of name is that? Well, Bob can name it what he wants, I guess. Anyways, Bob was living in a log which was way too small for him so he looked in the paper for a house. There was one foreclosure he found but it was so trashed that it turned him off. Even his dog whined a lot about it, but soon got over it as dogs usually do. Give them a dog biscuit and they'll forget all about it. Pretty soon, they won't remember anything anymore and they'll have to be checked into the Alzheimer's Unit for the rest of their lives. Good news is they were visited by their grandchildren for years to come. They would come and read stories to them. The end of the story and the paper for that matter. So I wrote "The End" on the paper and turned it in. I got an "F."

I'm sitting here laughing at all these stories that we wrote. I doubt you'll find them quite as amusing as I do, but I just thought I would share some with you.

0 is the number of people who love me: