Monday, July 14, 2008

Douglas' birthday

Wednesday, July 2

We celebrated Douglas' 25th birthday by going out to eat at Old Town Buffet (Chinese,) his favorite restaurant. Then we went over to my family's house and opened presents, ate cheesecake, played games and watched "The Pink Panther." We played a new game I had never heard of before called "In the Manner of the Adverb." Someone from the room goes out and everyone picks an adverb. The person comes back in and picks 2 or 3 people and a scene. Then the people have to act out that scene and the person who had to go out has to guess the adverb. For example, I had to drink beer gently (that was hard,) jog clumsily and go grocery shopping frantically. Some had to fight like gladiators lovingly and others had to dig a ditch cowardly. It was hilarious!

Again, I don't know what my obsession with taking pictures of people eating is all about


Paul played a mean trick on Douglas


The squares were empty boxes


And the thingy at the top was a wire


All it was was a stick! (Yes, thank you Paul for fixing his walking stick.)
To make up for it, Paul gave him money


I gave him the shirt he wanted


And here he is modeling it


Jared brought him a box of stickers and a pencil. Only a 5-year old


Here's a card from my Grandma and Grandpa Button with a Payless gift card inside


And here's what he bought with it


A book from Josiah (and Jared's stickers on Douglas' face)


My charming husband


Blueberry cheesecake


And what's a party without Apples to Apples?

1 is the number of people who love me:

SingingBirthdayCard.com said...

I just came across your post and wanted to wish Douglas a belated happy birthday with a personalized birthday song from SingingBirthdayCard.com. It was originally created for another Douglas (I hope you don't mind), but I think your Douglas will enjoy it just as much.

Here it is:
http://yourbirthdaysong.blogspot.com/2008/06/douglass-personalized-country-western.html