Monday, July 20, 2009

Just a rant

If you see a pregnant woman, whether you know her or not, please please don't tell her she looks miserable. It doesn't matter how miserable or crappy she looks, don't tell her she looks miserable. Tell her she looks good, even if you have to lie. It will make her feel better.

Yes, I was miserable. Yes, I am hugely pregnant in 100+ degree weather. I probably looked miserable. Do I need a reminder? No. I so wish I had told the "well-meaning" lady, "Well, you look miserable, too. What's your excuse?" Instead, all I could come up with was "Thank you."

4 is the number of people who love me:

Hawkes Family said...

been there had that happen to me. u just want to turn around a pop the person one i hate that people think they need to tell u that u look that way. and anyone would be that way in heat like that. i had someone say to me one time i was out to dinner and the waiter told me i looked quite fat and asked me if i wanted a salad insted. i was piss so i left with out paying. people are so stupid at times. well just to say the person got in big trouble.

Kricket said...

Too funny! You're almost there girl. I still have 3 months - bleh. I tried to get up from lying on my back on the couch and proceeded to look like a cockroach in the process. Hang in there!

Ashley said...

Gosh, isn't that SO true?? I hated hearing stuff like that when I was pregnant. You poor girl, pregnant in 100 degree weather! I hate being pregnant in the heat.

Raadgep Fam said...

WOW you seem to catch all the bad pregnate stuff! I still you glow!