Sunday, September 6, 2009

Family Reunion

Today we had our semi-annual family reunion at my Grandma and Grandpa Gray's house. We celebrated the anniversary of the family moving to their house in Valley Center. This one was extra special because Grandma and Grandpa celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary earlier this year and also we have two new babies in the family. My Claire met my cousin Ann's Johnny for the first time. Johnny is 2 months older than Claire, but Claire was twice as big at birth. Out of curiosity, we decided to weigh both babies to see who won the prize. Since there was only an analog scale, it wasn't completely accurate, but we were able to get an idea. It turns out they both weigh 12 pounds. Crazy! We had a lot of fun visiting with family and eating amazing food. We also took some great portraits outside. More pictures to come.

My mom's amazing peanut butter cake


Great-Aunt Dorothy with Claire


Great-Aunt Carol (Johnny's grandma) with Johnny and Great-Aunt Maria with Claire


Dad holding Claire (he's in my grandpa's wheelchair since he's a grandpa now)


Great-Grandma Gray with Claire


Ann and Johnny


Me and Claire

2 is the number of people who love me:

Raadgep Fam said...

Family reunions are great! I am sure everyone was so happy to see your baby! She is so cute and so pinchable! And you look great by the way!

Ashley said...

It's so fun getting together with family and letting everyone else hold the baby! I love it!

Please stop by my blog and enter some fun giveaways. I've got a really great one that's ending today for a kid's outfit valued at $113! I really need to get some more entries for it, so I'd really appreciate your help! And you have a good chance of winning too!!! :)