Monday, June 8, 2009

Balboa Park

Last Saturday, a friend and I drove down to Balboa Park to hear the last rehearsal of the season for the San Diego Youth Symphony. I was a part of the group for 8 years under the current conductor (plus an additional year under a different conductor with a few years' break in between.) My friend is also an alumni violist and we decided it would be fun to go and visit the few people left in the group we knew and of course the conductor. It was a beautiful day, so of course the park was packed and it took us 20 minutes to find a parking spot. It was a fun little trip.

About 1/3 of the orchestra, with the conductor at the very right


One of my favorite things about Balboa Park is the architecture. Everything there is just so beautiful. I only wish I had gotten more pictures.

1 is the number of people who love me:

Kricket said...

I LOVE Balboa Park. Victor and I actually got married there. There are so many cool things to do you can definitely spend all day there.