Friday, June 5, 2009

The Joys of Pregnancy

There are exactly 2 months left until my due date!


Since I have entered the uncomfortable stage of pregnancy, I have decided to remind myself of reasons I have enjoyed being pregnant.

I love...

  • Feeling her move around inside me, even if it hurts or tickles
  • Knowing that I am God's instrument in creating new life
  • Dreaming of what she will look like
  • Having an excuse to walk through the baby section at a store or look at pictures of cute babies (Douglas makes fun of me when he "catches" me looking at babies online)
  • Friends and strangers being extra nice - letting me use the bathroom first, opening doors, carrying things, etc.
  • Having an excuse to eat whatever I want
  • No periods!
  • Looking at cute girlie clothes and baby items and looking forward to using them
  • Being accepted into the "mommy" crowd, rather than the "married with no children" crowd
  • Talking about pregnancy with other moms and moms-to-be
  • Knowing she is MY daughter
  • Finally knowing what it feels like to be pregnant, rather than just dreaming about it
  • Feeling the immense love I have for my daughter
  • Talking and singing to this precious creation of mine
  • Having an excuse for others to help me with difficult tasks (especially when they offer)
  • Even when I am anxious and scared about the future, knowing that this is what I have always dreamed about and that I am fulfilling a commandment to be fruitful and multiply. I know that even during hard times, the joy will far outweigh the sorrows and that everything will be ok.

3 is the number of people who love me:

Ashley said...

That's a great list! I love all those things too, especially feeling the baby move inside me and having no periods! Your maternity shirt in the picture is so cute!

Weston Family said...

Looking good! Are your parents ready to be "grand"? Your postive attitude should be most helpful - go, girl!

Kricket said...

You are so positive about everything. I complain so much! lol Maybe I should create a list like you did and I'd be less grouchy. :P