Thursday, November 13, 2008

Battle Scars

WARNING: Gross pictures ahead.

A couple weeks ago, I got bitten by a dog while going door to door delivering door hangers. I had walked for 5 hours and it happened at the very last house as I was walking away. It seemed like a really sweet dog but I said hi to him/her as I walked away and he/she lunged at me and snapped at my leg. Um... ow.

From 2 different angles; the bite mark in the middle and the bruise about 2 inches in diameter around it. It was puffy for a while so it must have been broken blood vessels.


Then last week, I go to return the neighbor's dog who got out for the second time in a week and I was in a hurry to get back and I tripped on my shoe in their driveway, twisted my foot and landed on my knees and hands. So I get up hoping that nobody saw my ridiculously stupid-looking fall and hurry up their driveway and up mine. Since I was shaking from the fall, I fell AGAIN on my driveway! I ripped a hole in my pants (probably from the first one) and I have a nice scrape on my left hand and one of my fingers, a bruise on my left knee, a cut on my right knee and a sore right foot. I was limping all day. Luckily, now my foot is mostly healed but my right knee is having a heck of a time healing. It hurts to bend it all the way and whenever it touches anything... which is almost always.

This is my left knee - the bruise is about 1 1/2" by 1" and it's a lot more colorful than in the picture.

Gross, I know. This is my right knee after removing the bandaids 3 days later. So, this is better than it was. It was pretty nasty-looking.

Thanks for reading. Hope I've grossed you out enough.

0 is the number of people who love me: