Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Yes, yes, I know it's a little late, but better late than never. We started out the day by watching The Price Is Right Halloween edition with everyone on the show dressed up. Then we headed over to the church building to decorate for the carnival to be held that evening. I then taught two students and proceeded to get ready for Halloween! I dressed up in my homecoming dress I wore when I was 16 and it fit! I braided my hair in little tiny braids on each side and tied them together. Then I placed a crown on my head and voila!... Rapunzel! Douglas wore his armor and became my Knight in Shining Armor! We each ran a booth for the carnival and then handed out candy to kids from our car for Trunk-or-Treating while blasting Bach's Toccata and Fugue. (Don't know the piece? Go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzR9bhei_o) After cleaning up after the carnival, we headed on over to my family's house to watch "Dracula, Dead and Loving It" while eating leftover cupcakes from the Cakewalk. It was an awesome Halloween!


This is for you, Lynn (her adorable baby Charlie helped us decorate)


Decorating the gym



At the entrance


Official greeter (when you push the button, his head moves around, his mouth moves up and down and his eyes glow)


All the signs Lynn and I made


My booth was "Put Me Bones Together" where the kids competed to see who could put the skeleton together the fastest. Apparently harder than it looks.


Douglas' booth was the "Mummy Wrap" where the kids competed in pairs to wrap their partner in the most toilet paper in 1 minute. Or if they didn't have another pair to compete with, they tried to use an entire double roll of toilet paper in 2 minutes. Nobody was able to do it because they didn't know the secret... both people spinning instead of just the "wrapper."


We timed it beforehand. I'm a mummy!


Getting food on a break


Rapunzel and Prince Charming

0 is the number of people who love me: