Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Les Mis rehearsals and preview

Tonight is opening night of Les Mis! Last night we had a dress rehearsal/preview, which was pretty much like a real show. The only thing that was different was the fact that they called it a dress rehearsal. It went really well and everyone loved it! The costumes, sets, lighting, acting, singing, playing, etc. all were really good, (especially the violas.) The music director, Elan and her husband, Mike (my stand partner) were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary so we surprised them with a card, a bouquet of roses and a cake at intermission. Their family got them pins to wear that said 25th Anniversary. It's been an exhausting week so far. And we haven't even opened the show! Sunday, Monday and Tuesday were all full run-throughs with rehearsals beforehand. Last night's show brought me so much physical pain, I don't know how I managed. It was the most pain I have felt so far. Wednesday through Sunday this week will be real shows with no rehearsals beforehand, at least. Then I FINALLY get a day off. I haven't had a day off of Les Mis since last Friday. This is a very fun show, but it's physically and emotionally exhausting. Physically is obvious because there is so much playing and it's such a long show. Emotionally because it's a sad show and I keep feeling the emotions over and over. As much fun as I'm having, I don't think I want to repeat this show for a LONG time.


This is the scrim onstage


My view from the pit. I thought it was funny that they were half-dressed in costume.


I couldn't get the whole view of the cast posing so I had to take 3 pictures. Our awesome music director is 2nd from the left


Here is the right view


And here is as many of them as I could fit in the picture from the center view. The director is in between Marius and Cosette towards the right


Here is what we surprised Elan and Mike with. Sorry it's dark. The only camera I had on me was my phone. And this is WITH the flash.

0 is the number of people who love me: