Thursday, August 21, 2008

Opening Night and Cast Party

Tonight we got a standing ovation after the show! I didn't have as much pain as last night, but 3 hours of playing is always exhausting. After the show, we had a cast party at Hennessey's Irish Pub. It was very loud and hard to talk to each other, but it was fun. They provided us with some great food, especially Irish nachos. Yum! I got home from the bar at 1:00 in the morning and just before I arrived home, Douglas called me and "got after me" for staying out late at a bar and leaving him home with the "babies" (referring to our pets.) He was proud of himself for coming up with that one.

So, I realized why I've been so tired and stressed lately. I have taught, rehearsed or performed (or a combination) every single day this month (with the exception of the first 2 Sundays.) I didn't realize that I've hardly had a day off since July. Sheesh!



This is what was left on everybody's chairs for opening night by Skylar ("little Cosette") - a bag of candy!


And here's the note attached to it (the other side of the French flag)


At the cast party with my friend Sarah, who plays adult Cosette

1 is the number of people who love me:

brooke said...

Hooray for Les Mis! I love that you are so active with your music. I want to be again some day. GO Nicole!