Friday, August 15, 2008

You wasn't there!

My phone has been acting dumb lately. A couple months ago, it stopped taking and receiving calls. There would be no sound. So, I could only text. That was annoying. So, I took it in to the store and they replaced it. Transferred all the pictures, videos and contacts. I lost all texts, but that was all. No big deal. So, about a month later, the NEW phone started doing the same thing! Grrrr! Only this time, it would stop working for a few days and then work for a day. It would repeat this pattern for a couple weeks and then it just plain stopped. I could only text... AGAIN. So, I finally decided to take it back to the store to see if there was a glitch or something. They didn't know what the problem was, but they said they would replace it again. Phew! So, I asked them to transfer all the pictures and videos like last time. They took one look and said I had too many and it would take too long. They tried to sell me a memory card. I didn't want to buy one just to save those pictures. (I normally use pix place so I don't need a memory card any other time.) I told them that if I had known, I would have just sent all the pics to pix place. When I wouldn't back down (I was nice about it), they agreed to transfer everything. So, I sat and waited for an hour and a half while they transferred stuff. Sheesh! At least I got to keep everything (with the exception of texts.) I really hope this doesn't happen a 3rd time.



The Americans FINALLY dominated China in gymnastics and won gold AND silver in the individual all-arounds. Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson SO deserved this! I was ecstatic!



So, to celebrate, we went to Denny's at 1:30 in the morning. Douglas ordered off the late night menu, so his was tons cheaper than Jordan's burger... but also a lot smaller! It was funny.



Today is a special day. There is a scene in Oklahoma where Will and Ado Annie are discussing marriage. He has just earned $50 (the terms set by Annie's Pa.)

W: Now that I got the $50, you name the date.
A: August 15!
W: Why August 15?
A: Cuz that's the first day I was kissed.
W: Was it? I don't remember that.
A: You wasn't there!

So, we have a running joke in our family that we always say "You wasn't there!" in a thick southern accent on this day.



Since I didn't finish this post when I started it, I am finishing it after I got up. I didn't get to bed until 4 and was woken up 6 hours later by a telemarketer. *sigh*

1 is the number of people who love me:

Michelle said...

Am I allowed to complain on your blog? Thanks. Dude! Whenever I ask Jordan to come to Denny's (which is quite a lot) he always has a reason not to go. He doesn't have a car, dad won't let him borrow his car, he doesn't have any money, (that's the most common one) he's watching baseball, etc. And now I see he goes with you! He must just hate me then.